Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Aquaponics Finalizing Construction

This is the final day of construction, I am very excited to get the heavy lifting out of the way so we can start the fun stuff. Today's entry is boring but important, Arizona's extreme temperatures will put high demands on heating and cooling water.



 In an effort to maintain a more consistent water temperature I have wrapped the IBC with 1 1/2" Styrofoam insulation. Then I skinned the tanks with siding to protect the insulation and make things look finished.







  The opening to the top of the IBC will allow full access to the fish. I will build an insulated lid to help reduce heat transfer.
All I have left for construction is to insulate and wrap the back tank. You can see in this picture that I have received my roll of trough liner, the next blog will cover how to install the liner.



No comments:

Post a Comment