Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Time to eat some Mosquitoes!

I bought some Mosquito fish on friday and put them into my grow beds. Hopefully they are hungry for some Mosquito larve and not plant roots.


Its hard to see them all but there are 32 in the bag. I plan to put eight into each grow bed. Since one of my beds isen't finished yet I will put 16 into the 3' X 8' and move 8 into the 4' X 8' next week when it up and running.







Here is the first grow bed and when I pulled the net pot out 6 of the pests flew out. Sorry I didn't get a picture of one of them.
A new home for my little workers. This new bed dosen't have much for them to eat yet so I will have to feed them until the plants get established. They are supposed to eat algae too so hopefully this will help keep things clean.



2 comments:

  1. It's been a while since your last post, I'm wondering if you had any problem with the mosquito fish eating the roots?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while, the mosquito fish never bothered the roots in fact the beds that had fish in them seemed to have cleaner roots with better growth.

      Delete